Clive Elliott is one of the UK’s most well known and well respected Martial Arts instructors.
He is the Chief Instructor and Founder of Clive Elliott’s Martial Arts Academies (est. 1989), as well as being an internationally recognised instructor in Kickboxing, Jeet Kune Do, Filipino Martial Arts and Defendo.
His dad signed him up for Karate classes in 1976, as he was being severely bullied at school. In 1989, after many years of hard work, he achieved his Black Belt 1st Dan – a very proud day!
Clive has spent many years developing an academy where people can learn, progress and excel, in a fun and supportive environment.
As well as running a successful academy, he has become a well known face of martial arts in the UK – writing as a columnist for various magazines, contributing as an expert for various radio discussions (BBC) and appearing on various TV programs, including Sky One’s Fight School (instructor) and BBC’s Masters of Combat (team captain).
Clive has taught all over the UK, as well as Sweden, Canada, America and China. During some of these trips he has been involved in donating his time to help and teach victims of human trafficking through the charity F.R.E.E International.
Clive has been happily married to Karen since 2006 and he has four children. His older sons, Zak and Brandon are both senior students at Clive Elliott’s Martial Arts Academies.
- 7th Dan (Modern Arts Karate)
- 7th Dan (Kickboxing)
- TTF Senior Full Instructor and UK Director (JKD)
- PFS Full Instructor: JKD Concepts & Filipino Martial Arts
- Defendo UK Director and Chief Instructor
- First CDT (Compliance, Direction, Takedown) Instructor outside of America
- UKMAA Senior Instructor
- Advanced student Shoot-fighting (USA)
- Clive also has instructorships in Sombo and Silat
- Qualified Kettlebell Instructor